|A new favorite dress pattern,|
Colette Patterns, Myrtle, Version 1
Poly knit pink and black paisley from Fabric Mart
Fit and Construction Changes:
1. Took out the extra bodice and back height so I could serge a clear elastic waistband inside the dress. See below pictures.
2. Changed the shoulder slope on the back pattern piece.
3. Used a Med size back and a Large on the front to eliminate the FBA.
4. Cut the skirt back on the fold.
1. This pattern gets an A+ on the bodice construction!
2. Eliminating the bulk of a casing for the waist is a plus!
3. This knit is wonderful. Wonderful to sew. Wonderful to drape. Wonderful to wear!
4. This dress will be made again.
5. From the time I opened the pattern to putting on the dress took 2 1/2 hours. Includes: tracing the pattern, fitting from my sloper, threading mess with the serger, sewing it together and giving it a quick press.
|Back pattern piece. Removed about 1 1/4" height.|
|Front pattern piece. Removed 1 1/4" height from both the inside and outside layers.|
|Love the drape.|