Can you believe I let this cute dress sit on my cutting table for 2 months before I sewed it up?
Since this is a perfect summer dress, I made this in a size 8 so that it will fit next summer. Below is a picture of the original dress. It was done in a sweet navy blue and white dot. Well, I have been trying to use up some of my stash, so instead of running to the store for navy and white, I chose something I thought might work. I am pleased with the results.
My dress in pink, green, and white.
The sewing on the shoulder straps over the smocking was a bear for me this time. I kept getting wrinkles in the straps and was most thoroughly ready to throw in the towel, but with that much smocking, I had to fix it and finish!
I took pictures of the skirt bottom as I made it, but I can't find the pictures. (Result of living with 4 kids who love to make movies!) I was lazy and didn't want to hand sew the bottom of this dress, so I did the follow:
1. Sewed the piping to one side of the bottom panel.
2. Sewed the other side of the bottom panel to the wrong side of the dress.
3. Ironed the piping on the bottom panel, so that the piping was at the top and pinned the front bottom panel to the skirt with the piping sandwiched and showing.
4. Topstitched the front of the bottom panel to the skirt in the ditch of the piping.
True laziness at work!