Sunday, November 3, 2013

Raglan Sleeve Fitting Nightmares.....Simplicity 1615

Simplicity 1615

Pattern:
Simplicity 1615, View B
There is not a thing wrong with this pattern, except it fit me horribly.   I could tweak a muslin to fit me, but just could not transfer the correct changes to the pattern to make this work. 

 I am glad I  hit a road block.  It sent me on a fit journey that will in the end make me much happier.  

As a note, this pattern runs large.  I did go down one whole size to start the fitting process.  I thought I had the fit perfected, but after construction found that it is still too large across the shoulders, which also makes it too large across everywhere else.  If I didn't have a stack of projects waiting, I would remake this top with my new fitting and drafting knowledge and it would fit.

Fabric:
Turquoise voile by Free Spirit Fabrics.  
My one regret of making this top is the sacrifice of this wonderful fabric.  
Feels like a silk, but it's cotton.


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing when something turned out less than perfect. "They" say we learn more from those than the successful endeavors.

    ReplyDelete