Friday, May 31, 2013

Sewing to Rebuild Oklahoma


My home state of Oklahoma was hit with tornadoes more destructive than the ordinary tornado.  My heart breaks for all those left with bits and pieces of their lives.  They will rebuild, but it will take time and lots of help.  

Pattern Revolution is offering free patterns for handmade garments to give to displaced families and children.  They are also collecting handmade garments for distribution.  

I am very short on time this week, but I whipped out my favorite pattern, Children's Corner's Sassy Skirt and made a skirt for a fellow Oklahoma State family.  The black and OSU fabric were from my stash.  Praying this finds its way to a little girl that will twirl to OSU football this fall.


1 comment:

  1. Oh, wow, that's great. My husband is an OK native and OSU grad as well. Oklahoma has had a hard time this storm season, that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete