|Violette Field Threads Josephine and Whitney|
I picked up a few new "girly" patterns last fall at the Quilt Festival. I finally got around to making two of them. The pictures are so cute on the covers that I just had to make them for my daughter.
|Violette Field Threads Josephine Pattern|
Pink "bottom weight" Linen from my stash
Cream with pink flowers quilting cotton from my stash
(Great to be cleaning some fabric out.)
I followed the pattern exactly and had pretty good results. I have a strong dislike of straight waistbands that are gathered with elastic. A slight angle to the waist is more flattering. I love the way the linen hold the pleats!!!
I think these patterns were intended for beginners, but without a little experience the directions would leave a newbie scratching their heads.
1. The collar does not call for interfacing. I put German interfacing in the collar.
2. The ruffles along the button placket only have one gathering stitch row. It is very difficult to gather with only one row of gathering stitches. So add anther row of gathering stitches.
3. There are not directions for finishing or tucking in the ends of the ruffle. I would tuck the ends under before gathering them.
I made a size 9/10 for my daughter. She wears an eight in Children's Corner with a little length added. So, the patterns run pretty true to size. Overall, it is a cute outfit!