Sunday, March 24, 2013

Retro Bubble Gum Pink Dress, New Look 6205

New Look 6205

It is always good to test run a dress before you cut into an expensive piece of fabric.  This is my test run for New Look 6205.  I had my eyes on the pattern for my daughter's Easter dress, but wanted to make sure the bodice fit.   It fits and is SO CUTE!


I chose View A in a size 8 of New Look 6205.  My bodice and sleeves are completely lined with a white lawn.  I added 2 1/2" to the hem of the dress, no other changes. This dress fit my daughter to a T.    I let my daughter pick a ribbon for the trim and she chose a Renaissance Ribbon with birthday cakes.  

My only change is that I am going to interface the neckline on the next dress to make it more defined.  It is really a cute '50s retro neckline and sleeve.  

I cut out and started the Easter dress from this pattern.  Better work quick!




1 comment: