|Simplicity 1916 & Bella Skirt by Serendipity Studio|
1. I added a little width to the front bottom piece. My first couple of tries on this top showed me that there was not much gathering in the front, but the pattern drawings show a pleasant amount. Easy fix. I moved the pattern piece over about 1 1/2" from the fold and then cut the front.
2. The bodice front piece was too long and too revealing for my comfort. I had just completed McCall's M6073 and thought I might be able to adjust the top piece using the bodice front from the McCall's pattern. PERFECT! I did have to gather the shoulder to attach it to the back, but I think that gives just the extra amount of coverage to make it perfect.
I found a perfect Michael Miller print to compliment the purple knit top. I wanted a straight skirt, so I picked Serendipity Studio's Bella skirt. It is quick and easy skirt. To make it even faster, I cut about 2 1/2" band of fabric using the bottom curve of the skirt. I used this band to "hem" the skirt. It is a great finishing technique for a skirt with a flare.
|Bodice pattern piece, original, 1st try and then 2nd try.|
|Hem band on Bella skirt.|