Friday, June 29, 2012

Nightgown from New Look 6096


I am still trying to perfect my nightgown pattern.  This is a close winner (New Look 6096), but it does have some excessive puffiness under the arms.  The shoulder straps are done in a unique way on this dress.  Fabric is used where it shows and then it is attached to elastic through the sides and back.  I have not complaints with sizing or fit.  The fabric is a lawn from the Lisette line at Joann's Fabrics.



The dress below is my muslin of McCall's M6073.  I shortened the length of the bodice at the shoulders and split the back into two panels to allow me to serge the neck binding on to the dress.  This is a winner of a dress.  The fit is great and it looks great.






It has been a very busy June at my house.  We have partially redone our house after a small flood in May.  A planned trip by my husband's company took us to Maui for a week. We returned home to 10 days of dirty clothes and linens (the kids went to camp).  That is 60 shirts, 60 underwear, and 60 shorts.  What pushed me over the edge was the 60 pairs of socks!  

The bicycle trip down Haleakala on Maui that left me with a death grip on the handlebars.

My daughter is getting crafty as the big age of 8.  We made this handbag yesterday from old ribbons.  I used Steam a Seam 2 and ironed on the ribbons.  It was a cute and easy project for her.


I am looking forward to a relaxing July and spending time around the house!



2 comments:

  1. What a productive month for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see your review of the red dress.

    ReplyDelete