I am determined to master knit jersey. I am almost there with this dress, McCall's M6073. I made a muslin for this dress (not pictured yet) and was so pleased that instead ending up a nightgown it will also be a dress to wear. M6073 is written for a sewing machine to use in construction, but I was using my serger and cover-stitch machine. So, that V-neck binding in the back was impossible to sew on with a serger. On this dress, I used a lining for the front and back to make the stitching easier on my coverstitch machine using a single needle. The muslin helped me decide to take out an inch at the shoulder, it was causing gaps in the front. I used clear elastic on the shoulders and in the skirt seam, leaving off McCall's elastic casing in the waist. The fabric for this dress is a poly jersey from Helen Enox in Oklahoma City. (I shop on my vacations.)
I am super pleased with the dress. My teenage son gave me a compliment about how great it looked. I must be doing something right!
I spent the end of last week sewing up a storm. Our house got a little water in it from a storm in early May. This is a picture of my kitchen with a section of the wood floor gone.
This is my sewing room, completely packed and moved to get new floors this week. I have spent my time catching up on other projects and smocking.
When the dust settles, I will post my new kitchen. (And there is A LOT of dust.)