Sunday, January 22, 2012

Corduroy Simplicity 2436


I tried the big pattern companies years ago for my daughter and was not impressed with the fit for her.  I tended to stay with small pattern companies that are sold at independent fabric stores for the last few years.  Now that my daughter is in about a size 8, I thought I might give them a try again.  
I WAS PLEASANTLY SURPRISED!

This is Simplicity 2436.   "Designer Details" I used include the 3/4 length sleeve, pockets, tabs, and piped outside facing.  I lined this dress with a simple brown polyester lining, so I changed the order of construction to allow for this.  I dropped the bust dart.  I am not sure why there is a bust dart in a pattern for an almost 8 year old?  The tabs really are aligned, but they don't appear in the picture to be.  The fabric is brown cotton corduroy with embroidered flowers all over.  




I think this is an adorable dress and may even make a summer one later.  I think this pattern may be discontinued from Simplicity.  Too bad, it was a great fit.




Isn't she cute!
















4 comments:

  1. Very pretty dress, she looks lovely in it.
    Abtou the bust darts, there are quite a few girls developing some bust already. It isn't common, exactly, but it isn't rare either.

    ReplyDelete