Sunday, January 29, 2012

Be my Valentine....Simplicity 2058

Our house has been a hub of activity over the last few weeks, with little time to sew or create anything.  I was needing a quick and easy project with great results.  I found it, Simplicity 2058.  It is part of Simplicity's Amazing Fit Collection making it easy to find the correct fit without any hassle.



This skirt has 6 panels that are sewn together, add an invisible zipper, and the inside facing.  My fabric choice was a carnation pink stretch corduroy.  It will be great for a dinner out near Valentine's Day.



Due to the stretch corduroy, I added grosgrain ribbon to the inside waist seam.  This should help keep the skirt up and not let it stretch to the point it is at my knees!


This was also a heavy fabric, so I serged each panel's side seams before I even started to make construction easy and fast.  This skirt went together in about 2-3 hours from start to finish.  I did let it hang for a few days to let the bias seams settle.  

I wore the skirt to church today and it was so comfortable, no pulling or tugging anywhere.  This pattern is a keeper!


4 comments:

  1. Yours looks great... I just finished my this week and shared it on my blog as well... it really is a great pattern and I'll be using this one again for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely done, and I appreciate the construction tips.

    ReplyDelete