Sunday, June 5, 2011

Simplicity 0494 Wrap Maxi Dress


This is a super easy knit wrap dress that I decided to complicate.  I decided to add clear elastic to the neck/wrap sections to keep it from stretching out.  It is difficult to see from the picture, but it has a band on that section that holds it in shape.  The clear elastic was TOO much for the fabric, so it distorted the wrap section.  I thought I had stretched it too tight and reapplied it.  I got to completely remove the clear elastic for the second time and it hangs correctly.  I wanted to try this pattern out (it is a Pattern Review Pattern of the Year), so I bought a cheap jersey print from Joann's.  I love the long length of the dress because it looks like a maxi-dress.  It deserves to be a Pattern of the year, it is cute and easy.


1 comment:

  1. Ooooo! I love the fabric. I've not noticed this pattern before. It looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete