Friday, May 27, 2011

In love with "Penny" and "Penelope"


Patty Young hit an out-of-the-ballpark home run with this new pattern in her line-up:  "Penny" is for girls, "Penelope" is for women, and "Penelope Plus" for a little larger woman.  

What do I like?
1.  Three pattern pieces!!!
2.  Great fit, with all the sizes anyone could have a dress.
3.  So comfortable to wear, I want one for everyday of the week.
4.  Everywhere I wear it, I get great compliments.



I made two dresses a piece for myself and my daughter.  They go together faster than you could imagine.    This pattern is for knits, so use clear elastic in the shoulder and I found I needed it around the neckline.   I sewed the whole dress on the serger.  There is little to explain, two shoulder seams, a neckline seam and two side seams.  Hem the sleeves and bottom of the dress and you are done!


As you can see below, I happened to find a bad section of fabric from Michael Miller.  I contacted them and they were happy to compensate me.  So, don't forget to wash your knits before you sew!  You might want to wash more than once.  The pink was prewashed, but it continued to distort.


Have a great Memorial Day Weekend!

You could have a dozen of these sewn up by the end of the weekend!

2 comments: