Friday, March 11, 2011

One of my Favorites....Flower Child from AS&E 86


When I think about all the dresses I have made my daughter, this one will always stand out in my memory.  The smocking is simple and geometric.  The hydrangeas are simple French knots.  But the overall effect is simply sweet little girl.  

The pattern in AS&E comes in 4, 5, and 6 year sizing.  This is a 6 and should fit her for a time.  The bodice fits wonderfully.  This pattern done in any manner (no smocking or embroidery) would be a perfect fit for a little girl.  







The wind was blowing a bit when I took these pictures, but the hem really does hang straight.  It looks absolutely stunning on my little girl.  I was so happy that I had the exact yardage for the dress and still managed to match the plaids!






Enjoy spring weather!

3 comments:

  1. Just beautiful. Glad to see it! One more I'll have to make for DGD Paz Angelica.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful dress! Your smocking and embroidery are exquisite and I love the plaid fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty, and perfect for Spring and Summer!

    ReplyDelete