Saturday, March 26, 2011

Jacqueline by Children's Corner


This sweet dress for spring is from the Children's Corner pattern "Jacqueline."  This fully-lined, smart-looking dress takes a total of 2 1/2 yards of fabric to make a size 7.  It is the perfect dress for a maturing girl who wants to look more grown-up without all the frills and full skirts.


This is a little closer view of the front.  It is great for all those fun fabrics for spring and summer.  I love it with two matching fabrics or a cute monogram embroidery at the top.



This is the back view where it buttons down the back.

For those of you who sew a lot, you usually get request for extra projects from your friends.  I couldn't turn down helping my son with this project.  I found out on Monday night he needed a flag/banner for his new patrol.  It had to be ready for Friday's campout. (Never mind the fact that my husband was out of town for the rest of the week and we had school and normal activities.)  But a quick trip to our new Joanne's store got us flag fabric and grommets.  We found an eagle on the internet to embroidery and we also put his patrol's motto on the flag, "We're Golden."  They are at a district camporee, so I can't wait to find out if everyone liked it.  


I have been very busy with skirt making for an upcoming local SAGA presentation.  I just finished taking 150 pictures of skirts!  April will be SKIRT MONTH for my blog.

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment