Friday, February 25, 2011

Trio Dressing.....Mom, Daughter, and Doll





 I fell in love with this cute, retro print from Fabric Finders.  I initially bought it to make my daughter a dress, then I decided that I was going to use it for myself, then it ended with a trio arrangement for all of us.

Mom:
Blouse - Simplicity 2614 - An easy sew for everyone.  My biggest suggestion is to make the sleeves either longer or shorter.....they hit at the elbow joint.
Skirt - Simplicity 2451 - Another easy sew, but I chose to line it.  This pattern makes a great skirt with cute pockets.

Daughter:
Sunday Brunch Jacket and A-line Skirt pattern from Oliver+S - This is a sweet jacket and even sweeter skirt pattern.  My only comment is I wish I had cut off 2" off the sleeves and put 2" on the skirt.  The hardest part of this outfit is making the buttons appear in line and straight.  Some things that the ruler says are straight are an optical allusion.  My picture only makes it seem even more uneven, they really do line up.

Doll:
Jacket - Empire Peacoat from Heritage Doll Fashions at Liberty Jane Patterns - This is a quick sew and a great fitting jacket for an American Girl doll.  The only change I made was to add velcro instead of real buttonholes.
Skirt - McCall's 3474 - This is an A-line skirt for 18" dolls.  A 10 minute project.  My comment to others, cut 5" of elastic rather than 5 1/2" for the back of the skirt.





Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely precious!!! All three outfits are adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete