Friday, February 18, 2011

Brown, Fuzzy, Comfy, ......Simplicity 2336


I have had this brown velveteen stretch fabric in my stash.  It was just calling out to be made into something.  I searched through my pattern stash and decided that fewer pattern pieces was the way to go and chose to use a Khaliah Ali Collection pattern, Simplicity 2336.  It has two pieces each for the front and back and then one piece for each arm.  A doable solution for this fabric.  The pattern calls for light-weight knit and this is not a light-weight fabric, so I was a little concerned, but it turned out great.  The couple of times I have worn it, friends come to rub the sleeve because it looks so yummy.  This fabric is so wrinkle resistant, I could throw this dress in a suitcase and take it out and wear it without a worry!


This dress came together so quickly.  The only improvement on the pattern directions that I made was to add elastic to the neckline or I had a gapping problem.  The gathering at the bust-line is very flattering and adds to the comfort.  The dress has plenty of ease and after the chest it doesn't hit anywhere making it almost like a comfy, warm robe.


Conclusion:  A GREAT fitting dress!  A COMFORTABLE dress!  

No comments:

Post a Comment