|M7251 Lawn Paisley Top|
My top was completed a few weeks ago, but the weather has been too cool to wear this lightweight and breathable top. Today was the perfect weather and just in time for Valentine's Day.
McCall's M 7251, View A
Red paisley lawn from Fabric Mart
Alteration and Construction Woes:
1. I made very few alterations to this pattern. I changed the shoulder slope and added fabric to the underarm. I also forward rotated the sleeve.
2. The placket directions were not great. I should have done an heirloom placket. They go in much easier than this mess and don't leave a weak spot where you clip.
3. For a loose fitting garment, it is too tight across the back. Another 1/2" would have give me perfect mobility. I am mobile, but that would have made it perfect.
4. So glad this fabric is as light as a feather or the puff sleeves would look like clown sleeves.
5. The placket ends about 2" above my belly button. So, be prepared to sew that placket down or it will be a gapping top.
Not too bad of a project, but not a beginner project.
|White Topstitching Detail|
|Pleats and Topstitching|
|Raised the underarm and altered shoulder slope.|
Happy Valentine's Day!