Saturday, February 13, 2016

Valentine Top, M7251


M7251 Lawn Paisley Top

My top was completed a few weeks ago, but the weather has been too cool to wear this lightweight and breathable top.  Today was the perfect weather and just in time for Valentine's Day.  

Pattern:
McCall's M 7251, View A

Fabric:
Red paisley lawn from Fabric Mart

Alteration and Construction Woes:
1.  I made very few alterations to this pattern.  I changed the shoulder slope and added fabric to the underarm.  I also forward rotated the sleeve.  
2.  The placket directions were not great.  I should have done an heirloom placket. They go in much easier than this mess and don't leave a weak spot where you clip.  
3.  For a loose fitting garment, it is too tight across the back.  Another 1/2" would have give me perfect mobility.  I am mobile, but that would have made it perfect.  
4.  So glad this fabric is as light as a feather or the puff sleeves would look like clown sleeves.
5.  The placket ends about 2" above my belly button.  So, be prepared to sew that placket down or it will be a gapping top.

Not too bad of a project, but not a beginner project.

White Topstitching Detail


Back View

Pleats and Topstitching

Raised the underarm and altered shoulder slope.
Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment