Friday, October 9, 2015

Fall Moneta



Colette Moneta and Mood Fabrics

More "fall" sewing from Texas......where it is near 90s.  
Fall sewing in Texas is just more summer sewing in darker colors.  

Pattern:
Colette Patterns, 1028, Moneta, Version 1 & 3 combined. (Version 1 has a great collar.)  
This pattern had caught my attention, but I was "wow'ed" by the version on the cover of Threads a few months ago using a gorgeous floral knit.

Fabric:
Rayon paisley print jersey from Mood Fabrics in LA.

Construction:
The directions for this dress are very detailed and easy to follow.  I used my coverstitch machine for the skirt hem and sleeve hem.  

Fitting Details:
I adjusted for my wonky shoulder slope.
Used parts of the L for the front FBA and a M for the back.  

In my last few tops/dresses, I have not changed the armhole depth or curve.  Most pattern alteration books tell you to save that design element.  But "saving" that design element places the bottom of the armseye drooping to the bustline for me.  So, I measured the top of my shoulder to the armpit in vertical height, 5 inches.  Most of the armhole shapes I am seeing are in the 6-7" range and they are for knits.  Clearly, I have a small shoulder joint for such a big body.  Expect some pattern changes from me in the next few makes. Sagging armholes no more!!!!

Moneta Front View

Monte Side View
Skirt View




A great fall dress for Texas!!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment