Sunday, August 2, 2015

My almost 4th of July Dress, New Look 6096


Even the best sewing plans can get derailed by time constraints.  I decided to sew up a new 4th of July dress on July 2nd.  All would have gone well, if packing a family of six for a two week vacation was not also on the to-do list.  I finished the dress after the trip, but it still works for the heat wave in Texas.  



New Look 6096 & Voile border print from Fabric Mart

Pattern:
New Look 6096, Short skirt and peasant top combination

Fabric:
Navy voile from Fabric Mart
Navy Cotton/poly broadcloth for lining from my stash

Changes to Construction:
The voile was beautiful and sheer.  Too sheer for my tastes.  The whole dress is lined with a navy broadcloth.  Elastic was used around the neck, arms, and waist between the fashion fabric and lining. I added a FBA to the front bodice.  

This was an easy dress to make and a comfortable dress to wear.  

Love that I used a border print.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love everything about this dress and you in it. Just wondering how you do a full bust adjustment on this peasant blouse style reason being is I actually have the opposite issue of no bust less than an A-cup but if I know how to do the FBA then perhaps I can reverse it for a SBA.
    Thanking You

    ReplyDelete
  3. got so hard seeing you in that dress I jacked off and came all over everything

    ReplyDelete