Sunday, May 24, 2015

My New Sewing Studio

I moved from my gorgeous first floor studio to the new and improved second floor dream space.  

In the last two weeks, I have changed a school/library room to my dream sewing space. 
 (Even better that it has TWO huge walk-in closets that are not on the photo tour.)

Let me take you on a picture tour:

The center of the room has a huge cutting table with cubbies underneath. 
My New Space

New wall decorations inspired by Patchwork and Quilting, Issue 17.

Main Wall
 The two sewing tables can be moved and machines rearranged to accommodate many students and sewing needs.
Sewing Tables

The room's claim to fame is the wall of bookcases.  We had these built when we moved into the house 9 years ago to hold most of my homeschool books.  The front three bookcases roll back and forth to allow you to access the back four bookcases.  I took the time to roll my fabric on comic book inserts and organize it by fabric type.  After finding all those boxes of fabric hidden all over the house, I need a good kick if you find me in a fabric store in the next few months.
The "Wall"
Quilting Cottons
Bottom Weights, Corduroy and Pique

Shirt Weight, Rayons, and Boucle

Books, Magazines, and Patterns
More Books, Magazines, and Patterns

Wall art (because behind the door must look cute)
Wall art


Ironing station

 I whipped up the four curtains to add some character to the room this week.  I spent Friday afternoon on the spool wall decorations.


My little corner





Machines for students

Drawers of thread

So happy with my wall

Shirt weight fabrics in pink

Purples to blues.....
Do you like it?

5 comments:

  1. What an amazing space, that bookcase wall is fabulous !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just.Fabulous! Green with envy here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very impressive. Well thought out and gorgeous space! I love your wall art too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous!! Now I need to find the time to organize mine:)
    But you have inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just finished my sewing space also. Went through EVERY PIECE of fabric and organized it. Am so happy, as you must be! Thanks for sharing all the pictures. It's just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete