Sunday, February 22, 2015

Ruffles and Boho Chic

Indigo Ruffle Skirt with graduated layers of ruffles





































Washed Black Boho Ruffle Skirt








































I have found the grown-up version of the little girl's twirly skirt.  
It is the full Boho ruffle skirt for adults.

Fabric:
Washed black 2" Boho Ruffles from Ruffle fabric.  

Vintage Indigo Crescendo Ruffles from Ruffle fabric

Elastic waistband from Ruffle fabric.

Pattern:
Ruffle Fabric handed out a postcard with pattern directions at the International Quilt Market.  

Construction:
The skirt sides were serged together.  The waistband was coverstitched on.  
No hem.  Took longer to pin those ruffles in the right direction then to sew.




A cascade of Boho ruffles

RTW jacket with my wonky shoulders doesn't hang straight.  Pictures don't lie.

Indigo cascade of ruffles.

Love my grown-up twirly skirt.

4 comments:

  1. I love these! Can you provide more information?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these! Can you provide more information?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found my instruction card from Ruffle Fabrics (which I am sure they will send you if you order fabric.) I googled the topic and found this tutorial. It is exactly what I did, just didn't know it was on the web.

      http://www.nobigdill.com/2014/09/once-upon-thread-chapter-5-and-giveaway.html

      Delete
  3. This is a fun and interesting skirt!

    ReplyDelete