|Emily from Maja's Heirlooms done in ruffle knit.|
Don't tell my daughter she has this dress on backwards. She didn't believe me this morning that it went the other way. Oh well, she is happy.
Tie-dye ruffle knit from Sewitup.com. I bought it last year when I visited the store in Dallas. The binding is a medium weight pink linen. ( I sure wish I had purchased a few yards of this linen, it is wonderful fabric.)
I happen to be making a smocked version of Emily by Maja's Heirloom Treasures last week. As I was finishing the sewing, I thought I might be able to use the pattern for a simple sundress with the ruffle knit. It worked wonderfully.
The front was cut by merging the bodice and skirt as one piece. The back was cut in the same way, but I also merged the back centerline and didn't include the opening in the back.
The side seams of the ruffle knit were lined up exactly and pinned. Then I used a 4 thread serger stitch. The pink binding was added with the sewing machine. I did make sure that the linen was always on the feed dogs, so I didn't get any crazy stretching. This little dress took about an hour to make!
|Emily from Maja's Heirlooms|
|Front detail on Emily sundress|