Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day, New Look 6171

New Look 6171



This little dress is so smart looking!  I love the "grown-up" look for my 9 year old.

The fabric is Timeless Treasures from Vogue Fabrics that I picked up at the Quilt Festival back in the fall.  It is a wonderful corduroy!  Lovely to work with and drapes well!

The pattern is a quick  and easy sew.  I followed most of the directions, except for inserting the elastic into the waistband before the skirt was added.  I know my skinny, little daughter was going to need the help of the elastic to make it fit well and I dislike sewing onto gathered elastic.....  So I finished the dress and left a small opening in the waistband to insert the elastic and try it on my little one.  Presto and it was finished!

This is a great dress for any geometric print fabric you have hidden in your stash and you can't decide what to do with it.....


Another view of New Look 6171

We are always in action, even when we are getting our picture taken!

Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment