Friday, February 17, 2012

Retro "Bell Sleeve Blouse" from Indygo Junction

It is always enjoyable to make something fun for me.  This top, Bell Sleeve Blouse, is fun!  My fabric is from Sandi Henderson's fabric line.  I fell in love with the brown henna print, but was baffled at how to use this print for me.  It seems very brown, but by the photo, it comes across as very creamy with touches of brown.



I assembled the top according to the directions, except I did add a FBA.  It is such a crazy print, it is hard to see that the bodice of this is fairly fitted.  The front slit makes this an easy and fast shirt with no buttons or zippers.  The front slit is also not too low.  I chose the bell sleeves to make the shirt fun.


This is the end of my winter sewing.  Spring is just around the corner for us.  I saw red buds in bloom today and I bought my first tomato and basil plants.  South Texas is still in a drought, but we are also in a flash flood watch for the next day.  Talk about crazy weather!




2 comments:

  1. Terrific top. I just love Indygo Junction patterns. I was just thinking about pulling out their old swing jacket to make something for spring. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really charming! I like yours better than the cover models!

    ReplyDelete