Friday, October 7, 2011

"Vintage Jane" for the Fall


We are looking for fall at our house.  The temperatures are not feeling fallish, so we have to use those fall colors in our clothes.  The bright prints from this peasant dress are from Patty Young's Andalucia line that is now out of print.  The dress pattern is "Vintage Jane" from Pink Fig Patterns.

I bought "Vintage Jane" for my daughter because she loves the peasant dresses I have made her.  They are easy to wear and look great.  But I wanted a subtle change from the peasant dress patterns from Pink Fig and Portabellopixie that I already own.  This dress has a cute design element with the side draw string on the top skirt.  The dress went together well.  It was quick, but with 4 ruffles sewn into it, some gathering is done.  I felt the sleeve ruffle was too gathered and next time I will not use such a long strip.  I have plans to make a few more of these and I may leave off the extra skirt layer.  

 This is a perfect fall dress!




I whipped up a few knit dresses using "Penny" by ModKid Patterns.  The brown knit I washed about 5 times before I cut and serged together.  I have had some issues with Michael Miller knits shrinking in the past.  My new cover-stitch machine made these two dresses go together in about 30 minutes.  I had a small sample of fold-over elastic in pink and used it on the pink swirl dress.  I may have been sold on fold-over elastic.  It is awesome, especially when I can use the singe needle cover-stitch to attach it.  I love the "Penny" pattern and I think these add up to about 5 dresses from it.



1 comment:

  1. Very cute! I love the colors. I have to say, I've been interested in fold over elastic since I heard about it recently, good to know how well it worked for you!

    ReplyDelete