Friday, October 28, 2011

End of Summer Shirt, V8495

I made this quick shirt at the end of summer, but it was so hot, I couldn't stand to model it with a pair of jeans.  The weather is starting to cool off a little, so my end of summer shirt:


My trendy shirt is View A from the pattern.  I did not make any changes to the pattern and didn't make a muslin.  So, if I had to make it again, I would take up a little in the front neck-line and use less fabric in the front fold.   There is so much fabric in the front fold, that the shirt borders on a maternity top from the bust-line downward.  I do like the back view with the slight curves in the shirt.

This would be a cute top to downsize and use knit fabric.  The View B shirt with the ruffles might be quit the flouncy shirt.  You can see how much my sleeves stick out without the ruffles.  



Back view
Front view


Happy Sewing!


No comments:

Post a Comment