Friday, July 22, 2011

"Birthday Party" by Oliver + S


"Birthday Party Dress" by Oliver + S is a fun, quick dress to put together.  The cutest part is the button detailing and pleats in the front.  My son (11 years old) was helping me this morning, so these are his pictures of his sister's dress.  For some reason the button doesn't show up well.  


I do have a few items that I would add.  If I do it again, I would not sew the shoulder seam as it is written, but follow the instructions for a sleeveless lined dress like Louise by, Children's Corner.  The shoulder seam on this dress is the last seam and then the lining shoulder seam is hand sewn.  This shoulder seam was  not as polished as I would have liked.  I also had a hard time pressing down the pleats.  My guild friends told me to use white vinegar.  Well, I used white vinegar and my ironing board will keep that lovely smell until I wash it, but I have pleats.  

I have been busy sewing for myself and can't wait for you to see my dresses!  





No comments:

Post a Comment