Friday, October 15, 2010

Sara's Skort by Children's Corner Patterns

Sara's Skort always looks so tailored.  Even after a ton of cartwheels, my daughter still looks put together, except for the hair.


This is a quick view of the shorts.  It is hard to see them due to being the same fabric for both skirt and shorts.


This is the embroidery work on the Target t-shirt.  Designs by Juju, Paisley 6.

Pattern Description: 
Pattern is for skort only. The skirt is lined and the shorts are unlined. Skort front is fitted, while the back waist has a casing with elastic.

Pattern Sizing:
Sizes 3-8 in one package. I made a size 6.

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Yes

Were the instructions easy to follow? Yes

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
I love the fit of this pattern on my daughter. It is very tailored and doesn't look home sewn at all. Even better is the shorts underneath for a girl that does cartwheels everywhere.

Fabric Used:
I used a paisley print from Sandi Henderson's Farmers Market Collection. The t-shirt I purchased from Target and the embroidery design is from Designs by Juju, Paisley 6.

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:
I added piping on the bottom hemline that was purchased from Children's Corner.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
Yes, I have made this skirt numerous times and with different fabrics. It is always cherished by my daughter and gets tons of compliments.

Conclusion: 

A great wardrobe builder for the under 8 crowd!

No comments:

Post a Comment