Sunday, October 10, 2010

Ainsley by Children's Corner Patterns


A great fall outfit for my daughter.





Pattern Description: 
Ainsley is a girl’s over-blouse that buttons in the back and has both short and long sleeves. The lined yoke has gathered front and backs that are pulled in at the waistline with a narrow topstitched waistband. The short fitted sleeve is edged with a small hemmed ruffle. The fitted long sleeve has a slit at wrist and is slightly gathered onto a small sleeve band that buttons. The A-line skirt features side vents with two buttons each and an elastic casing at center back. Designed by Susan Whitman.
Pattern Sizing:
Available in sizes 2-5 and 6-10.
Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes.
Were the instructions easy to follow?
When I cut out all the pieces, I thought this would take more time than a usual shirt and skirt, but it went together like a dream and very quickly.
What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
I love the fit. It looks adorable on my 6 year old daughter. The proportions and drape are wonderful.
Fabric Used:
I used a Moda cotton plaid and print that I picked up at Quilt Festival a few years ago and was waiting for the perfect garment.
Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:
I wouldn't change anything, but if I was sewing for a hard to fit girl through the waist, I would do some measuring since it is fitted in the waist.
Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
Yes, next time in spring colors.
Conclusion: 
I love Children's Corner patterns for their great fit and polished look. This is just another example of great patternmaking for children.




The skirt has a button closure on both front side and a strip of elastic in the back.

No comments:

Post a Comment