Sunday, April 27, 2014

Tween skirt love, Simplicity 1675

Simplicity 1675 with added ruffle

When asked about the biggest change in sewing for that older girl, I would say "separates."  My daughter loves to mix and match her clothes.  So, Simplicity 1675 has been made a few times around my house.  The cute "high/low" skirt that is so popular is super easy to make.  

Pattern:
Simplicity 1675, View C
Added a 4" ruffle to the bottom of the skirt.
Used my coverstitch machine to sew on the elastic waistband.

Fabric:
Chevron gauze from Hobby Lobby
(While the fabric quality from Hobby Lobby is not awesome, 
they do carry a few cute prints for the young ladies.)


Simplicity 1675

The smile tells how much she likes this skirt.

Clothes at play!


2 comments:

  1. I generally hate the "hi-lo" look but you have pulled it off nicely! I think the issue is proportion, not above the knees in the front and at the ankles in the back. Less of a change works well, and you've done it! Maybe I'll try it with my six year old GD.

    ReplyDelete