Saturday, June 18, 2011

Ruffle Knit "Morgan"

I was so excited about my last ruffle knit experience, I decided to finish up the cuts of ruffle knit I had in my stash.  I purchased this pink and white polka dot ruffle knit fabric at High Fashion Fabrics in Downtown Houston.  I have found a whole website that sells it.

So, what do you make with it?  I find it is easy to add as a skirt to a dress.



I grabbed a Sew Beautiful pattern, "Mary and Morgan."  I made the top front of "Morgan" as the pattern calls.  I added the hot pink ribbon to mirror my skirt fabric.


The polyester waffle weave fabric was thicker than quilter's weight, so my first plan to shir the back wouldn't work.  So I added rows of stitching and threaded them with elastic.



The skirt was added as one piece.  Add a little fabric flower and button and we are done!

I love those quick summer dresses!

1 comment: