Friday, December 16, 2016

Sew Over It Heather Dress

Sew Over It Heather Dress

Pattern:
I snagged a couple "Sew Over It" patterns on their Black Friday sale.  
This one is the Heather Dress.  Used the 3/4 sleeve variation.

Fabric:
Plum rayon/nylon/elastic ponte knit from High Fashion Fabrics
I used both sides of the fabric to get the color blocking.

Fitting Notes:
This is my first pattern to sew from Sew Over It.  
I can't say enough how well this pattern was drafted.
I only made two alterations.  
1.  My wonky shoulder adjustment.
2.  The sleeves were very snug, so I added about an inch in width.  I have big arms.

Alterations I should have made:
1.  Slight alteration to accommodate full bust.  It isn't earth shattering off, so I'm not sweating it.
2.  I thought I was still having knit sloper issues, so I spent the morning fine tuning and truing my sloper.  That beautiful bunching in the lower back is in need of a swayback adjustment.  I will be making that adjustment to my pattern.  There is a picture of the front and back pattern pieces with my sloper.  

Final Notes:
I usually alter lots of areas on patterns like this, but this is an almost winner out of the envelop.  
That is amazing.  

The pockets are just right.  They hang correctly.  

The whole dress goes together very quickly.  The only problem is deciding how many of these you can add to your wardrobe.  And which colors!  

I wore the dress on field trips to the Houston Fine Arts Museum and loved  how comfy it was.


Pockets!






1 comment:

  1. Love those pockets. Nice use of both sides of your fabric. Cute dress.

    ReplyDelete