Friday, December 31, 2010

Christmas PJ's for Girl and Doll

I wonder about my sanity when I take on a project like this between Thanksgiving and Christmas.  My daughter fell in love with Rebecca's PJ outfit from American Girl.  (pictured above) Being the crafty mom, I decided to make it, not buy it.  My local heirloom shop, Buttons and Bows, had just gotten in the Lily and Will fabric line from Moda.  I thought it was a good match for my project.


The robe pattern is by Favorite Things and is called"the robe."  I only added the pleated satin trim, satin lapels, and ribbons to make it girly.


I love the tie on this robe, it is sewn on and won't come off the robe.  No more complaints about lost ties.



The girl PJ's pattern is Gigi by Children's Corner.  I added the blue ribbon and bows.  I made a size 8 for my six year old.  The outfit is a little large, but not by much.  



This is a close up. I love the details on the sleeves.  It is so stylish for the time period of Rebecca.




I had a little extra fabric and I put together Girly Gown by Hope Yoder.  The gown went together in 30 minutes.  Loved  the quickness, but it is a little big for my daughter.  I think I made a size 8.





The robe was lined by the blue quilted fabric in the Lily and Will fabric line.


This is my version of Rebecca's PJs.  The robe is from McCall's M5019.  Above on the right is the American Girl store outfit.


The PJ pattern is from Simplicity 5276 with a slight gathering of the legs to make it reflect the Gigi pattern.





The Girly Gown pattern comes with 18" doll version, so her is one to match the big girl.  This too went together in no time.

My daughter loved her new PJ and robe combo.  She slept in it almost the whole Christmas vacation.  I hope you enjoy the pictures.


No comments:

Post a Comment